The availability of Imvamune, the vaccine being administered for the current MPX (monkeypox / mpox) outbreak, will vary depending on where you live. In Ontario, for example, each local public health unit is responsible for administering the vaccine and will have different processes—like booking appointments or doing walk-ins. Sign up below to be notified when the second […]
Now hiring: Operations Coordinator
Title: Operations Coordinator
Position type: full-time, permanent (37.5 hours /week)
Location: Downtown eastside, Toronto (Cabbagetown neighbourhood)
Salary: $53,000 a year
Reports to: GMSH Director
ABOUT THE GAY MEN’S SEXUAL HEALTH ALLIANCE (GMSH)
The Gay Men’s Sexual Health Alliance works to improve the quality of sexual healthcare for all gay men in Ontario. We lead in developing sexual health promotion resources and work with HIV service organizations, clinicians, and other front-line service providers to ensure 2SGBTQ+ men have the information, supports, and services they need to have the sex they want.
The GMSH plays a key role in knowledge transfer and exchange, getting the most relevant sexual health research into the hands of service providers and community members in ways that are helpful and accessible.
We collaborate with a range of stakeholders to develop and deliver:
- Training that strengthen the skills of front-line staff working in HIV and sexual health sectors,
- Health information resources (digital content, guidance documents, toolkits and websites);
- Province-wide digital communications health promotion campaigns;
- Conferences and networking opportunities
As Operations Coordinator, you’ll provide critical support to a cross-functional team. This is an opportunity to put your organizational, analytical, and project management skills into practice to help ensure the GMSH meets our objectives on time, on budget, and brand. This role is ideal for someone who’s a systems thinker, appreciates the details, enjoys planning, and finds ways to streamline processes and create efficiencies.
This position requires the ability to anticipate needs, think critically, work independently and collaboratively, and develop solutions to challenges. Your day-to-day will entail administrative tasks, including invoicing, event logistics, maintaining contact lists, and data entry, in addition to the responsibilities outlined.
- Streamlining operational processes across various projects;
- Developing a material ordering and monitoring system and orientating our alliance members to available resources, swag, and promotional items they can use in their local work;
- Partner with Finance to manage GMSH budget, develop cost projections, process invoices, expense reimbursements, honorariums, and more;
- Convene with various vendors, including production companies, event managers, printing houses and IT providers;
- Support planning and execution of events, including scheduling, note taking, attendance tracking, data entry, and zoom management as needed;
- Other duties as assigned.
- Appreciation for and/or affiliation with the experiences of 2SGBTQ+ community and cultures;
- 2+ years of experience in a similar role;
- Previous experience in an LGBTQ2S+ health organization or other non-profit organization is an asset;
- Post-secondary education, or equivalent work-related experience;
- Experience with office suite (Microsoft Word Office, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) and various applications, including Slack, Zoom, Monday, WordPress, and Salesforce are critical;
- Proven ability to multitask, take the initiative, coordinate and lead tasks to completion;
- Work collaboratively and effectively as a team member;
- Strong interpersonal skills to manage productive relationships with alliance members, vendors, and other key stakeholders
- Ability to influence, negotiate, and manage possible contentious issues to a meaningful resolution;
- Strong written and oral communication skills;
- The primary working language is English. Fluency in both English and French is an asset;
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
- Supportive and creative work environment
- Comprehensive benefits package, including RRSP employer contributions
- 15 days vacation in the first year
The GMSH is committed to upholding the values of equity. We enthusiastically encourage applications from members of groups with historical and/or current barriers to equity, including, but not limited to,
- Two-Spirit individuals, other First Nations, Métis, Inuit peoples, and all other Indigenous peoples;
- persons who identify as transgender/gender non-binary, 2SLGBTQ+;
- persons living with HIV;
- members of groups that commonly experience discrimination due to race, ancestry, religion and/or spiritual beliefs, or place of origin; and
- persons with visible and/or invisible (physical and/or mental) disabilities.
We recognize that many of these identities intersect and that equity, diversity, and inclusion can be complex. We value each person’s contributions and are committed to ensuring full and equal participation for all in our communities.
Interested candidates should send CV and a cover letter to the attention of the Hiring Committee at email@example.com
The deadline to apply is Tuesday, December 6th at 5 PM EST.